- There is nothing good enough that cannot be improved upon!
- When our mind is set towards improvement there is no room for complacency in our thinking. The complacent mind thinks and glory on yesterday's results and achievements while an excellent mind thinks of how to improve on them. Complacency is what breeds ‘decandency’! When we are complacent we become decadent - Ichabod, the glory has passed!
- There is nothing you have that cannot be added to. This is the mindset of continual improvement and progress. What you don't improve upon will reduce with time. It is through improvement that we maintain balance and standard. For whatever is not updated becomes outdated.
- It is in the process of daily additions that we make constant improvement.
- Improvement is not a quantum leap; it is a daily walk of adding one thing, one skill, one thought, and one adjustment, to your life that wasn't there before
- There are things to take away in other to become better. To improve sometimes there are things to remove!
What is the difference between the old television and the modern ones? The improvement made was that of taking away. Newer technologies these days take away that which is heavy and cumbersome and makes it lighter and faster. The weight of the old TV was taking away and then we had the flat screen. Paul said something similar, "let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"(Hebrews 12:1-2).
- To win the race sometimes we may need to lay aside the weights of life